Attendees: Philip Knowles, PPC, (Chair), Peter Clarke (Treasurer), Jo Foster, Clive World, Philip Wicks, Jane Parlour, Georgie Sale, Bob Longridge, Alan Holt (volunteer minute taker)
Apologies: Richard Good, Anne Simpson, Angela Harris, John Harris, Daphne Clarke
- Jo mentioned that there was a possibility of obtaining temporary office premises near the Richmond Town Square. She believed the glass-fronted premises would be ideal, and would help to make a positive, visible statement about the Liberal Democrats. The work would include general administrative tasks. She asked for volunteers to help with staffing. This would operate on a rota basis. There were several members who volunteered. Jo will pursue this and currently has first refusal on the premises as and when a GE is called.
- PW and CW gave an account of the climate emergency motion that was passed: to reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2030. Electric car charging points under discussion. Positive progress on the Community Fund which we campaigned for.
• Peter explained around £600 of the £1000 agreed donation to the GE campaign still remains. PC to transfer this over to Richard Short (Constituency Treasurer) when GE is called.
• A sum of £1700 will remain in Richmondshire branch funds, although there are payments pending (c. £500) from By-Election campaign.
• Due to an increase in membership over the past 12 months, there has been an increase in monthly payments. Philip Knowles confirmed it is preferred policy for members to convert monthly payments to quarterly, or annual. PK will write to members about this matter after the GE.
• Peter stated that It is necessary to build up funds for future County/By-elections. Peter was thanked.